Saturday 21 July 2012

Dolly Wink #11 @ Shibuya Gals SG Meetup C:

HEY EVERYONE! RUKA HERE (>0<) Hope you guys are doing well. I do apologise for the hiatus. Oh well, I'm back(: Today will be a blog and review post regarding

#1 SHIBUYA GALS SG MEETUP!! <3
#2 DOLLY WINK OTONA SERIES NO. 11 ;D



First, the meetup. Shibuya Gals Sg is Singapore's only dedicated gyaru makeup corner, and they sell their products excusively at Watsons. They have a facebook page so if you are into gyaru, or are just curious, do check it out and like it ^^ They're pretty dang awesome! They provide info on the latest gyaru trends and regularly feature the totally super mega awesome gyaru model TSUBASA MASUWAKA! A meetup was arranged at Watsons, Ngee An City shopping centre so I decided to check it out along with Ruki.
Since I was one of the first 50 to register, I was entitled to a goody bag!!! The stuff in it was really neat ;3 Deco lashes, nail polish and eyelash fix!!!!!!!!!!! <3 There were nine gyaru blogger senseis there and they gave a live demonstration/makeover type thing with commentary consisting on loads of helpful tips. The nine (really pretty) senseis each gave a makeup bag to the winners of the lucky dip. There were loads of different styles of gyarus there, even the senseis too! Hime-kei, rokku gyaru and SOOOO much more. Totally worth going, plus, i LOVE the stuff they sell. Ruki and I didn't win the luck dip, but overall I was super happy and the event was really fun! Sorry about the lack of pictures... We both forgot our cameras and my phone cam just doesn't cut it. Here's a pic from online of the guru bloggers:


On to the lashes review!
PRESENTING...
KOJI Dolly Wink Eyelash No. 11 Pure Sweet from the Otona series ^^

EASY POP-OPEN TYPE CASE WITH TWO PAIRS OF LASHES
AND A PRETTY PICTURE OF TSUBASA-CHAN <3

THE BACK OF THE COVER

THIS IS THE EFFECT THE LASHES ARE SUPPOSED TO CREATE C;



The lash band is not as long as the typical Dolly Wink lashes, since the Otona Series is aimed at getting a more natural look. The fibres fork out somewhat parallel to one another instead of in triangles. Some loose fibres are placed in between the thicker "bunches" of fibres so the lashes blend really well with my own lashes. The lash fibres are pretty long, but shorter than the typical Dolly Wink ones. But I still love it. In fact, I think I like it better! I have reaaaaaaaaaaaaally small eyes so sometimes I find the typical Dolly Wink lashes (eg. my #1s) too dramatic and if I wear em without bottom lashes, I have to be careful not to make my eyes look too "top heavy". So these are perfect for me cos I can wear em with or without bottom lashes with no worries and they look natural yet really luscious and long. Volume is a little lacking, but oh well. (/*0*)/

Some pics of me at Cosfest just this month! I'm using Dolly Wink #11 and #5!

WITHOUT MY GLASSES. PRETTY LONG, EH?

WITH GLASSES, YET THEY STILL LOOK NOT BAD. NATURAL LOOKING BUT SUPER PRRETTY-FIED XD
TRUST ME, WITHOUT FALSIES, YOU CAN'T SEE MY LASHES, ESPECIALLY ON CAMERA x:

RUKI, ME AND RIIKO

Ratings time!
Packaging: 8.5/10 the pastael colours are pretty (and so is TSUBASA!)
Value: 6/10 kinda expensive though... Typical Dolly Winks. But at least the quality is good.
Length: 8/10 quite long but still natural-ish looking. me likey ^^
Volume: 5/10 not a lot, honestly... /:
Overall: 7.5/10 Love em', but would hesitate cos of the price -sighs-

So, that's about it! See you guys soon C:

[RUKA]

~*~*~*~*~*~
☆R a m u n e P o p
~*~*~*~*~*~

No comments:

Post a Comment